BS 7671 has always been about capacity, safety and control of electrical installations. Could energy efficiency negate that?
The Harmonised Document, IEC 60364-8-1 Low Voltage electrical installations - Part 8-1: Energy Efficiency, respects the emphasis of safety and operational control in the first instance. It also, however, requires energy-efficient electrical installation designs.
Using IEC 60364-8-1 as a point of reference, the Designer's Guide to Energy Efficient Electrical Installations:
- Prepares users for meeting the new challenges and opportunities presented by energy efficiency
- Explains the areas likely to be incorporated into BS 7671 and how this will affect electrical installations in the UK
- Keeps designers ahead of the game when designing future installations
- Looks at energy efficiency in a holistic fashion and examines the potential issues caused by just focusing on one or two specific areas
- Explains the responsibilities of designers and clients in ensuring an energy efficient electrical design
IET Designer's Guide to Energy Efficient Electrical Installations
- Edtn - Published - 2016Format - PaperbackExtent (pp) - 92Print ISBN - 978-1-78561-181-0Author(s)/Editor(s) - IET