This popular guide clarifies the requirements for inspection and testing, explaining in clear language those parts of the IET Wiring Regulations that most need simplifying.
In addition to the descriptive and diagrammatic test methods that are required, explanations of the theory and reasoning behind test procedures are given, together with useful tables for the comparison of test results. The book also provides essential information on the completion of electrical installation certificates, with a step-by-step guide on the entries that need to be made and where to source data.
- With the content suitable for both City & Guilds and EAL Inspection and Testing courses and containing a sample MCQ paper and answers, it is also an ideal revision guide.
- Fully up to date with the latest amendments to the 18th Edition of the IET Wiring Regulations.
- Simplifies the advice found in the Wiring Regulations, explaining how they apply to working practice for inspection, testing and certification.
- Expert advice from an engineering training consultant, supported with colour diagrams, examples and key data.
Table of Contents An Overview. Initial Verification. Testing Continuity of Protective Conductors (Low-Resistance Ohmmeter). Testing Continuity of Ring Final Circuit Conductors (Low-Resistance Ohmmeter). Testing Insulation Resistance (Insulation Resistance Tester). Special Tests. Testing Polarity (Low-Resistance Ohmmeter). Testing Earth Electrode Resistance (Earth Electrode Resistance Tester or Loop Impedance Testers). Testing Earth Fault Loop Impedance (Earth Fault Loop Impedance Tester). Additional Protection (RCD Tester). Prospective Fault Current (PFC/PSCC Tester). Check of Phase Sequence (Phase Sequence Indicator). Functional Testing. Voltage Drop (Approved Voltmeter). Periodic Inspection. Certification. Sample MCQ Paper and Answers.
Biography Brian Scaddan, I Eng, MIET, is an Honorary Member of City & Guilds and has over 45 years' experience in further education and training. He was Director of Brian Scaddan Associates Ltd, an approved training centre offering courses on all aspects of electrical installation contracting, including those for City & Guilds and EAL He is also a leading author of books on other installation topics.
IET Wiring Regulations: Inspection, Testing and Certification
- Edition : 9th Published August 23, 2018 by Routledge
- Extent 110 Pages
- Author Brian Scaddan
- ISBN 9781138606074