Practical Guide to Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations by Christopher Kitcher covers all your testing and inspection needs to help you pass your exams on City & Guilds 2391 and EAL 600/4338/6 and 600/4340/4 and Part P courses.
- Entirely up to date with the 18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations
- Step-by-step descriptions and photographs of the tests show exactly how to carry them out
- Completion of inspection and test certification and periodic reporting
- Fault finding techniques
- Testing 3 phase and single phase motors
- Supporting video footage of the tests contained in this book are available on the companion website
This book covers everything you need to learn about inspection and testing, with clear reference to the latest updates to the legal requirements and wiring regulations. It answers all of your questions on the basics of inspection and testing, using clear and easy to remember language, along with sample questions and scenarios as they will be encountered in the exams. Christopher Kitcher tells you what tests are needed and describes them in a step-by-step manner with the help of colour photographs and the accompanying website.
All of the theory required for passing the inspecting and testing element of all electrical installation qualifications along with the AM2, City & Guilds 2391 certificate and the EAL 600/4338/6 and 600/4340/4 qualifications is contained within this easy-to-follow guide – along with some top tips to help you pass the exam itself.
With a strong focus on the practical element of inspection and testing for NVQs or apprenticeships, this is also an ideal reference tool for experienced electricians and those working in allied industries on domestic and industrial installations.
Table of Contents
Introduction. The legal requirements. Types of certification required for the inspecting and testing of electrical installations. Initial veriﬁcation inspection. Periodic testing. Earth electrode testing. Completion of test certificates. Correct selection of protective devices. Test equipment. Electric Shock. Testing photovoltaic systems. Fault finding. Exercises and questions. Answers. Glossary.
Practical Guide to Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installat
- Edition : 5th. December 03, 2018 by Routledge
- Extent 306 Pages158 Color Illustrations
- Author Christopher Kitcher
- ISBN 9781138613324